Tuesday, August 10, 2010

1:12 and we just finished a lunch of grilled ham & cheese and soup. Her majesty, Princess Maggie has just awakened from last night's sleep. I am sure the delicious odors had something to do with her arising at this late hour.

 I give her a last bite of my sandwich and then start cleaning up the kitchen. Jim says "no Maggie, you'll get in trouble." I turn to see her standing on the table finishing Jim's soup. Jim's laughing, holding the bowl for her! Maggie's happily slurping away with all four feet firmly planted on the table and I am about to kill them both! Then I think "wait - Maggie's just a dog, it's not her fault."  Then I think "wait - Jim's sick, the cough syrup must have made delusional." Then I think, "nope, he's just a Massie" So I yell at them both, make Jim clean up his mess and go back to cleaning the kitchen.

Note the bear paw in the background. We bought a pair of bear slippers for Halloween, but Maggie LOVED THEM! She rolls on them, plays tug of war with them, shakes the life out of them and sleeps with them. So now they're her favorite toy. We had to buy a new pair for Halloween.

It's raining and we are without a truck, the brakes are shot, so we are stuck in the trailer (again)  Seems Jim and our oldest son, Jerry replaced the front brakes and one rusty caliper before we left for Alaska. The other one froze during the trip and ruined the new brakes! So here we are, waiting for parts to come in (again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment