Thursday, July 28, 2011

Almost Finished!

We finished installing the new flooring in the hallway, master bedroom and bathroom. It was a little harder to install than I expected. Really difficult to click and lock edges in tight spaces like under the vanity, in the closets and against the far wall. It probably didn't help that I have inflammatory arthritis in my hands. A friend loaned us the tools he uses to install Pergo and they really helped. We are really happy with how the floor looks. 


Jim cut all the new baseboard today and tomorrow we will get it nailed in place. A little paint touch up and the floor will be finished!

Our glass shower enclosure will be installed tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see how it looks. Jim will then flush all the water pipes in the shower and install the three shower heads.

We are almost finished. Still have two window sills to do; the bathroom chandelier to hang; and the bedroom window cornices need to be upholstered. I ordered all new bedding and then couldn't find fabric for the cornices. Today I discovered the bedding manufacturer sells matching fabric shower curtains so I ordered one (72" X 72") for the valances. Only cost $15, if I had found fabric it would have been around $100 or more.

This project has taken longer than I expected, but for a couple old geezers I guess that's OK.  Time for Tylenol and bed. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe all the work you two have been doing. The bathroom looks beautiful, look forward to seeing it all finished.

    ReplyDelete